Another stop to regroup.
- We stayed: Camp Coeur d’Alene (wonderful; it felt like summer camp with canoes to borrow, a swimming pool, and yard games)
- We explored: lots of time at the campground, but we explored the cities of Coeur d’Alene and Sandpoint and all their lovely, natural surroundings (along with great city parks and beaches). We had lots of haze but would otherwise move to spend more time in the area.
- We hiked: Tubbs Hill, which gave us plenty of rocks and beach where we could swim with a great city park (splash pad for the heat wave!).
- We played in the water: Lake Coeur d’Alene and Lake Pend Orielle
- We ate and drank: Tacos Los Panchos, Daft Badger Brewing, Abi’s Ice Cream, The Burger Dock, Pandhandle Cone and Coffee
- We read: The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire That Saved America (great not only for a regional read but TR’s formation of the forest service and friendship with Muir.
- Next time: Mineral Ridge Trail, time in Spokane, WA