With Beeba alongside for much of this trip, we poked our nose in Charleston but mostly spent all our time in our incredible campground, with marsh on one side and beach on the other. We packed in the learning of coastal facts and sand between our toes on our final beach stop before heading inland.
- We stayed: Edisto Island State Park (beach campground) – five stars! and a driveway on Wadmalaw Island – five stars!
- We explored: We wandered a bit in Charleston – South of Broad, the Charleston City Market (found ourselves a sweet grass basket), the Battery, the Old Slave Mart Museum
- We boated: Botany Bay Ecotours (five stars!) – this knocked our socks off. Woman-owned, biologist-led tour that enchanted my kids learning about the ACE Basin and Botany Bay.
- We ate: Briny Swine, McConkey’s Jungle Shack, and famed Rodney Scott BBQ
- We read: Mama Day but thought a lot about all the Pat Conroy I had read in my day, especially The Water Is Wide
- We listened to: the waves we could hear from our beautiful campground spot