We snapped a picture of ourselves here, in front of the “Lucky Heart” wall ten years ago for our Christmas card picture. It was just the two of us. With that card came our annual mojo cd that included (RIP) Justin Townes Earle (Harlem River Blues), Carolina Chocolate Drops (Hit Em Up Style), The National (London), Suga City (Savoir Faire), and local fave Skewby (No Handlebars). It was nostalgic to spend the day with you, Memphis and introduce our kiddos to all that you were and are: the Mighty Mississip’, Beale Street, the Lorraine Motel, Stax and Sun Records, Peabody Ducks, Graceland, trolley riding, Central BBQ nacho eating, sweet tea drinking.
- We stayed: Graceland RV Park
- We explored: The Lorraine Motel/Civil Rights Museum, the Peabody Ducks, South Main (or our old hood), the trolley, the Pyramid, Overland Park
- We enjoyed: bacon cheddar scones from cafe eclectic and bbq nachos from central bbq (both favorites from our time there), Mempops, Crosstown Brewery
- We listened to: WEVL radio station (when we lived here, I had applied to be a volunteer radio host and the moment we landed in NYC, I found out I had gotten the job 😭), blues, Elvis, and MLK speeches and letters
- We read: Strength to Love by Martin Luther King, Jr. ❤️❤️❤️