- We stayed: Collegiate Peaks Campground (five stars!)
- We played: San Isabel National Forest, built teepees all over our surrounding aspened forest, went to the local drive-in (the Comanche Drive In)
- We hiked: Cottonwood Pass Continental Divide Ridge Trail (might not be the technical name), Buena Vista River Trail
- We biked: the town pump track (our new thing we seek out in every town we visit)
- We enjoyed: House Rock Kitchen, Eddyline Brewery, Elevation Beer Company (in nearby Poncha Springs) – we got a seasonal IPA made with hops from a goat farm (five stars!), Little Red Hen Bakery (in nearby Salida)
- Next time: more time in Leadville and Salida and a day trip to St. Elmo…and always leave wishing there was more time for momma to do some fly fishing.
2 thoughts on “The Buena Vista Run-Down”