An unexpected change in plans, the Colorado wildfires sent us heading further west to press into the unknown. First stop: the Bend area.
- We stayed: Tumalo State Park, Lava Lake (Deschutes National Forest)
- We hiked: Tumalo Falls
- We floated: the Deschutes River (but next time, barring Covid, we’d like to do more)
- We saw: a snake at each campground!
- We enjoyed: Bend beer (Sunriver’s Rippin and Bondi Beach; Crux Fermentation Project’s Kia Kaha)(five stars!), Jackson’s Corner, Spork, Crux Fermentation Project and associates food trucks
- We are reading: Travels with Charley (John Steinbeck); not regional but fab for a road trip to new places
- We are listening to: very old Avett Brothers